Balance Doula Package offers caring and qualified support for you and your birthing partner.
Mel from Down To Birth is a Hypnobirthing Practitioner and Doula who will offer you calm and gentle physical, practical, informational, emotional and spiritual support during your pregnancy, birth and postpartum. Mel believes in mothering the mother. Holding space, uplifting, loving and connecting so that Mel can intuitively feel into how she can best support mum and birth partner through their entire journey.
- FREE meet and greet either face to face or via zoom to see if we connect and are a great fit for one and other.
- One pre-natal meeting in your home for approximately 1-2 hours where I will prepare you with as much information and birth education as possible about the natural birthing process and all of your options with regards to medical interventions. We will also discuss preparing your birth preferences, creating your birthing environment, hands on techniques and comfort measures, positions, affirmations, fear release and also preparing your birth plan/ cheat sheet for myself and your birth partner.
- Unlimited emotional support either face to face catch ups, phone and text from the time you book until 6 weeks post birth.
- Access to my library of books on pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and parenting
- Complimentary TENS machine, rebozo, birth ball/peanut ball and birth comb hire.
- 24/7 on call from 38 weeks pregnant until the birth of your bub.
- Birth and labour support at home and or hospital. Hands on physical, emotional and intuitive support at your home during labour. I can assist with comfort measures, position changes, hydration, nutrition and relief of your birth partner to eat or have a power nap if needed.
- Back up Doula carefully picked and supplied in the unlikely event that Mel is unable to attend your birth.
- One postpartum birth debrief (usually in the first week after birth) approximately 1-2 hours. Additional postpartum sessions can be arranged and they are about providing support for mum, whatever that means- physical, practical, informational, emotional or spiritual.
- Nutritious homemade food. Meal choice- pasta, curry, casserole, soup or pie. Homemade fresh herbal tea or juice and snack choice- sweet or savory muffins, veggie slice, banana bread, brownies, egg and bacon bombs or bliss balls.
- Complimentary hire of baby wrap, car capsule, baby swing, baby shower chair, baby bassinet and baby cocoon/ lounger for 2 weeks post birth- subject to availability and bond payment of $50. Additional hire length can be arrange for a fee.
Additional pre-natal and postpartum sessions can be arranged for an additional fee of $222 per visit (each visit approx 2hrs long)
Service area is Gold Coast, Logan and Brisbane. If you are outside of these areas an additional travel fee will be charged.
Terms & Conditions
If you are unable to make the upfront payment in full, Afterpay and payment plans are always welcome available.
A $300 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your booking and you must complete and sign the registration form and contract. The outstanding balance must be paid in full by 37 weeks.